Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Craft Room: Book Page Collage Art (and a peek at the room!)

This craft room is taking a lot longer than I thought it would. I am usually a person to jump in and get a project like this done. It's fully functional and put together, but not completely decorated. I just keep collecting ideas and items and slowly but surely am adding them to the room.

The best part is that last week, husband got everything that was ready hung up on the walls! Wahoo! Keep reading to see the photos.


I have had a big empty space on this shelf next to the dress form for quite a while. I didn't know how to fill it. I needed something tall, but should I go with color or neutrals? I made my choice when I saw these free printables from Simply KellyB. If you have been reading for awhile you know I love book page crafts and have already used one for the craft room so it was meant to be!


(The directions given on the blog for downloading the printables didn't work when I tried. Instead I copied and pasted the picture into Word where I resized it.)

I had an extra 11X14 frame lying around so I dug through my paper scraps to make a collage. I originally intended to make something colorful and maybe even 3D but found these two papers left over from this project (and another one that I guess I never posted) that matched the dress form. I simply cut the pages up into squares and rectangles, arranged them, and glued them to a paper that fit the frame.


Below the tall shelf, I made a little one for ribbon storage. I intended to do this but the curtain rods I found were too big around to go through the ribbon spools. I like the appearance of the rainbow order and it will be easier to replace a roll when it's empty.


I love these bird cages! So cute, so me! We got these hung up over the sewing machine for necklace storage. LOVE IT! (They are from Rodworks, just FYI if you are a Utah local and want to go looking for them).



My mom gave me the other bird wall hanging (also from Rodworks) so this wall is almost complete. I need to finish the lower book shelves still. I am also up in the air about the tissue paper puffs on top, however, when I take them down, the shelf looks so bare. What do you think?

And finally, the spools I made are hung up and are so fabulous for hanging headbands!

Click here to see everything I have done for my craft room so far.

Did you see that I have new clothes for you to Shop My Closet?
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger